Corporate Tax Manager or Assistant Manager
This position is for a leading accountancy firm with significant opportunities for progression and a demonstrable track record for the promotion of managers into the partnership. Has your career ground to a halt? Are you concerned that you are not working with the quality of clients that would enable progression? Moving firms is nerve wracking but if you take a step this practice will provide you all the support you need to ensure that you achieve the most from your career in the shortest possible time frame.
The firm are open minded on your experience and will make adjustments accordingly. You could be an existing Corporate Tax Manager or an Assistant Manager (or perhaps even someone aspirant of those roles). In this role you will be providing direct support to the senior team by managing the corporate tax compliance affairs of an existing portfolio of predominantly owner-managed business clients. You will support these clients through their tax planning and be consultative on any other projects they need you for.
The firm are offering tremendous opportunities for progression and the widening of career aspirations. But, and this is important, opportunity does not come at the expense of a work-life balance. They exhibit an open and friendly culture and do their very best to ensure that their team enjoy a broad and varied experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the delivery of corporation tax services to a growing portfolio of clients
- Being responsible for the supervision/review of work undertaken by the tax seniors within the team, including some staff responsibilities and work planning
- The work is diverse and will include the review of tax returns and computations, running and leading tax advisory projects, assisting in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contributing to winning new clients
- Tax planning work will include areas such as group tax planning, property planning, capital allowances, R&D tax credits, s455 tax planning and transfer pricing
- The role provides a good range of work for someone with a solid corporate tax compliance background and dependent upon the circumstances, there may be opportunities to work part time and/or with flexible working hours
- Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend the firm’s annual tax conference and to attend both internal and external training sessions
What are we looking for?
- Preferably someone who is CTA and or ACA/ ACCA qualified, or a Tax Inspector with full Technical Training Course, or law qualification
- Must have dealt with a range of tax issues appropriate to a base of corporate clients
- Have experience of at least some of the following: tax planning, capital gains, capital allowances, company restructuring, the review of corporate tax returns and all aspects of general advisory services you would expect to offer to corporate clients
- Most importantly, must be able to look at the tax issues of private companies both from the point of view of the company structure, and that of their owners
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!