So you're thinking of leaving your firm but you're worried about another firm being more of the same? Or perhaps you're unconvinced that work-life balance could be better? Or maybe you doubt that career options that are promised will materialise? Or, shhhh, perhaps your goal is to move away from audit ultimately but you want to experience other areas of practice before making a final decision? For these and any other concerns we're here to help and for starters the accountancy firm we're recruiting for now are highly likely to be able to improve your circumstances.
They are a top 15 firm based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and they want to bolster their audit team by adding an additional Audit Senior.
The firm are super at ensuring that their team maximise their career opportunities but at the same time not having to work an ungodly amount of hours in order to achieve their goals. While working as an Audit Senior, employees are able to develop an interest in other areas such as Corporate Finance and Tax, receiving a broad and varied experience as well as a work life balance.
The Audit Senior role:
- Providing direct support to partners and audit managers
- Work in the group is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including limited companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts
- Responsibility for running audits
- Preparation of financial statements, forecast models, business plans, reporting on internal controls, financial due diligence and other ad hoc projects will also be required from time to time
- Supervising the work of subordinates and liaising with tax staff, the partners and clients, as necessary
- Typically responsibilities will be a balance of around 60% in-charge of statutory audits; 15% responsibility for preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and trusts; 5% preparation of the first draft of the company tax returns for audit assignments; 10% training, marketing and other non-chargeable activities; 10% ad hoc projects/reports for the client base
What about you?
Well you'll be ACA or ACCA qualified and will have ideally had a bit of variety in your career so far working with clients across a range of sectors and sizes (but if you haven't don't let that put you off applying).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!