A Top 100 independent accountancy, financial services and insolvency practice are recruiting for an Audit Semi-Senior or Audit Junior to grow their growing Oxford based Audit and Accounts team.
The firm have a strong focus on the use of technology to give their clients insight and information to help them make decisions on how to grow their business. They have ambitious growth plans and following a recent merger they currently have around 100 people across their Oxford and London offices.
Perks of the job:
- Full funding and support to continue studying the AAT/ACCA/ACA qualification, including study leave, and time off for exams plus potential to assist with training contract clawbacks.
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- A Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance and help
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits package
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service, plus holiday trading where you can buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Supportive and fun team environment
- Regular company and team social events throughout the year
- Corporate fundraising events
- Light and airy, recently refurbished modern office in central Oxford
- Online Employee Retail Discount Scheme
- Contribution based pension scheme & life assurance
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
This role would suit someone with a minimum of 1-2 year’s UK practice experience. You must have audit experience. Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within our practice.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Building productive working relationships with clients as required
- Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training and formal qualifications
- Preparing statutory accounts and finalise accounts under the overall supervision of your Line Manager
- Assisting more senior members of staff on Audit to include, for example, checking bank reconciliations, verifying fixed asset additions and disposals, attending at stock takes, preparing profit and loss schedules and verifying expenditure to invoices, setting up audit files, drawing up lease schedules, assisting with the preparation of analytical review schedules and assisting with the audit of debtors and creditors
We would like to hear from you if you are a quick learner and can tick all of the below:
- Educated to A Level or higher e.g. degree
- If you are a school leaver – you must have a minimum of 3 A Levels at grades B, B, C or better
- You must have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a UK accountancy practice including audit experience
- You must have already started AAT/ACCA/ACA training
- Proven communication skills, verbal and written
- Fully fluent in English, verbal and written
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel and able to pick up new IT packages very quickly
- A positive, confident and proactive attitude
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Enjoy working as part of a team and self-motivated
- Able to work within procedures on job aspects which will deal with facts, standards and quality
- Xero, Sage, Caseware and CCH experience would be an advantage.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.