Are you looking for a new challenge? Maybe you're an Audit Senior ready to make the move to Manager or maybe you're already a Manager looking for something new? Maybe you're looking for a promotion to Partner pretty soon? If this is you, read on...
We are working with a top 100 firm in Loughton who are recruiting for an Audit Manager. This person will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and carrying out all aspects of audit and accounting in respect of this. In addition, they will be required to attend networking events, be involved in pitching for new work and in assisting the Partners to grow the business.
Duties of the role:
- Planning jobs and contact clients to remind them when preparation work is due
- Liaising/meeting with the client to consider both their needs and the key areas relating to the audit or other assignment
- Liaising with the appropriate Tax Manager before the assignment commences to ensure that any tax related matters affecting the audit are known and advising when the assignment will be ready for a tax review
- Arranging for the appropriate staff to be available
- Preparing the budget and agreeing it with the client
- Ensuring that recovery rates and budgets for jobs are adhered to by self and the team
- Arranging with the client the timing of the assignments and attendance at stock-takes
- Managing the assignment as it proceeds, delegating and reviewing work of staff to ensure that standards are met
- Providing timely feedback to partners on issues identified with client
- Presenting to the Partner a complete audit assignment file
- Put through final adjustments to the accounts where a more junior member of staff is not available and prepare final accounts to send to clients
- Carry out other tasks for clients, such as special assignments, e.g. projections, incorporations, book keeping and management accounts etc.
- Liaising with Tax Managers with respect to the tax computations, planning, reconstructions etc.
- Identifying and follow up of possible opportunities for incremental fees across the business - both with existing clients and new clients
- Keep time sheets up to date
- Keep themselves technically up to date and ensure Institute CPD requirements are met
- To research detailed technical matters and report thereon
- Liaise with Partners fellow senior managers/managers to discuss and agree resources for job assignments
- Managing the team from Audit Seniors to Trainees
- Ensure pre-assignment briefing sessions held with team members
- Carry out on site reviews with subordinates during assignments and ongoing communication with team whilst out on site
- Manage team to ensure high quality work submitted at all times and ensure timely feedback given to team members
- Communicate with Partners and take necessary action if team members not performing to a consistently high level in line with their training and experience
- Ensure end of job assignments, probationary reviews and annual appraisals carried out on time
- Sign off daily timesheets for team members
- Assist with recruitment of new team members, including graduate recruitment where required
The employee will also be expected to attend networking events and identify opportunities for business growth. They will carry out pitches to potential clients and follow them up and will also assist in the running of the BSG team.
You must be ACA/ACCA qualified to apply for this role and must have proven experience of managing a client portfolio and strong people management skills. You MUST have experience in the Education and Charity Section and have experience with corporate audits.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.