Location: Loughton, Essex
Our client are recruiting an Accounts Manager to join their proactive, fast-moving firm in Loughton, Essex. They are seeking an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate with good technical competence including experience of Management Accounts. The candidate will have good VAT knowledge, proven experience of managing a client portfolio and strong people management skills. Applicants must have a car for travelling to client premises and have advanced IT skills including Caseware, Sage, Xero, CCH and Excel.
As well as offering holidays, pension and life assurance, the firm can also offer flexible working, team drinks monthly, quarterly social events, staff rewards, a bonus scheme, massive opportunities for progression, full study support and even fresh fruit! You will be joining a team of 90 employees to work in an environment which is described as 'intentionally different'. Career progression is fully supported, with 11 Partners and many Managers within the firm who have worked their way up and are happy in their roles.
The Accounts Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and for carrying out all aspects of accounts work by managing a team in respect of this. In addition they will be required to attend networking events, be involved in pitching for new work and in assisting the Partners to grow the business.
- Planning jobs and contacting clients to remind them when preparation work is due
- Liaising/meeting with the client to consider both their needs and the key areas relating to the assignment
- Liaising with the appropriate Tax Manager before the assignment commences to ensure that any tax related matters are known and advising him/her when the assignment will be ready for a tax review
- Arranging for the appropriate staff to be available
- Preparing the budget and agreeing it and the timing with the client
- Ensuring that recovery rates and budgets for jobs are adhered to by self and the team
- Managing the assignment as it proceeds, delegating and reviewing work of staff to ensure that standards are met
- Providing timely feedback to partners on issues identified with clients
- Presenting to the Partner a complete file with minimal review points
- Put through final adjustments to the accounts where a more junior member of staff is not available and prepare final accounts to send to clients
- Carry out other tasks for clients, such as special assignments
- Identifying and follow up of possible opportunities for incremental fees across the business - both with existing clients and new clientsKeep time sheets up to date
- Keep themselves technically up to date and ensure Institute CPD requirements are met
- To research detailed technical matters and report thereon
- Liaise with Partners fellow senior managers/managers to discuss and agree resources for job assignments
- Managing the team from Seniors to Trainees
- Ensure pre-assignment briefing sessions held with team members
- Carry out on site reviews with subordinates during assignments and ongoing communication with team whilst out on site
- Manage team to ensure high quality work submitted at all times and ensure timely feedback given to team members
- Communicate with Partners and take necessary action if team members not performing to a consistently high level in line with their training and experience
- Ensure end of job assignments, probationary reviews and annual appraisals carried out on time
- Sign off daily timesheets for team members
- Provide support to Apprentices with portfolio aspects of their training
- Attend networking events and identify opportunities for business growth
- Carry out pitches to potential clients and follow up
- Assist in the running of the BSG team
- Prospects for promotion are available for outstanding candidates
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 532 7625.